Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Fascinating Fashion From the 1930s

I am recently drawn to the fashion in the 30s, may be because I am reading too many romance fictions with settings in that era.  I'm fascinated by all the balls and dressy parties attended by the young ladies of the upper classes.  I just think the 30s is an era that is so much more romantic than the present, I can just feel the romance by looking at the clothes and photographs of that period, so intriguing:

The dresses are so grand and glorious, they are breathtaking. The above photo is from the 1931 Famous Beauties Ball.  One thing that stays the same in history is, fabulous clothes are always worn by people who have a fabulous life.  The lady who wears the lowest cut in the photo (on the far upper right) turns out to be a very accomplished writer.  From now on, I am going more to be more careful in picking the clothes I wear, for dressing my best will at least give me one thing in common with those who live a glorious life.

No comments:

Post a Comment