Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Empire Behind the Fabulous Dress


Click here to shop the above dress at $338.00.

BCBG is on top of my list whenever I am looking for an affordable and beautifully designed dress that has both good craftsmanship and good fit.  Little did I know that the man who has been  making these fabulous dresses for the last 25 years is Max Azria, a 64 year old fashion entrepreneur.  I am amazed at how his creativity keeps renewing and refreshing for so many years.   I admire how he creates beautiful fashion.  Unfortunately, Mr. Azria's creativity and influence in my beloved fashion brand may diminish in the near future as his lender, who finances $475 million of $685 million debt that BCBG borrowed, seeks exchange of debt for equity of the company.  I just hope that BCBG's future design isn't going to be dictated by this new potential investor and become something totally different and has little to none resemblance to Mr. Azria's work that I have grown to love so much....

Click here to see photos, video and learn more about the BCBG company as reported by WSJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment